Crazy Ass Planet

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Old white guys with guns

As if there were not hazards enough in this endlessly cranky world what with every idiot getting a license to drive a car, petty crime rampant and urban violence seemingly the norm, now even rural areas are at risk.

It seems U.S. Vice-President Dick Cheney managed to shoot some 78-year old fellow hunter in a quail shoot. (No information on how the quail did.)

"Quail shoot" somehow sounds very sedate and civilized. But think about it ... a bunch of old white guys wandering around with rifles shooting at what they hope are quail.

Gives me the heebie jeebies. I think I'd probably feel safer on a Mexican drug run.

You know, U.S. troops may be safer in Iraq.

4 Comments:

  • Probably just an "unfortunate accident" while they were out drinking and having a little fun with the boys!!

    By Blogger Diamond, at 8:42 PM  

  • Yeah ... interesting that it happened yesterday but doesn't seem to have hit the news until today. I guess everyone had to sober up a bit.

    By Blogger Bill, at 9:00 PM  

  • yet another reason i am embarassed to live in america...

    By Blogger Sizzle, at 10:28 PM  

  • I'm pretty sure the quail they refer to was Dan Quayle . . .

    By Blogger kris, at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home