Crazy Ass Planet

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Heaven help us - it's the Grammies

Excuse me while I rant, but ... Is it me or are the Grammies, hands down, the worst awards show going?

a) You don''t know who half the people are,

b) 90% of the people who are suppose to be stars don't know how to dress,

c) half the so-called stars have nothing to do with music.

Also ... you know, you would think a show that was about music would hire people to do sound that knew something about sound.

And what the hell was that piano slamming thing Paul McCartney tried to pass off as a song?

I dunno ... I kinda think the Grammies show is the one they run because they want the award shows that follow, like the Oscars, to look better than they are. The Grammies almost make the People's Choice palatable.

Fortunately, I was able to turn the Grammies off and watch a DVD - Breakfast at Tiffany's, the Anniverary Edition.

(And I'd just like to say ... isn't it tragic that someone with the talent of Mariah Carey is such a twit?)

11 Comments:

  • I'm right there with you, Bill. Watching McCartney out there was like watching someone who played in the Negro Leagues throw out the first pitch at the ballgame, and he trows a ten-hopper to the plate.

    Also, how did his album get nominated for "Album of the Year"?

    By Blogger flounder, at 7:48 AM  

  • I hated that song. Hated it. I even felt bad about hating it, because he is one of my songwriting heroes. But it sucked.

    By Blogger Lushy, at 9:58 AM  

  • i love the word "twit"- so appropriately used too. ;)

    i don't watch these shows for the very reasons you listed.

    By Blogger Sizzle, at 12:49 PM  

  • I forgot to include my theory on Mariah Carey: Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

    By Blogger Lushy, at 12:49 PM  

  • Flounder - I think the older you are the better your chances are of getting nominated.

    Lushy - Paul has two kinds of songs - great and shit. Nothing in between. And he seems the only one who can't tell the difference. (And good theory on Mariah.)

    mac & siz - I live in my kitchen - food, dishes etc. - but my place is wide open. So while at the sink/counter ... there's the TV across the room. Normally I'd have had a hockey game in the background but this time it was the Grammies (no hockey on). I think that's the first Grammies I've seen in 10 years. And once the food and dishes were done it was done too. DVD time. :-)

    By Blogger Bill, at 3:48 PM  

  • btw ... Why is Bono wearing a cowboy hat? Is he a cowboy? A rodeo boy? I don't recall seeing him at the Calgary Stampede. (Wait a second ... I've never been to the Calgary Stampede.)

    By Blogger Bill, at 4:06 PM  

  • I don't watch the Grammies. I'd rather squeeze my head into a vise until my brains leak out - which I think most of the award winners have already done.

    I hate Mariah Carey. She nauseates me. If I ever need to vomit, I just think of her.

    By Blogger Scarlet Hip, at 5:45 PM  

  • Brooke - You really shouldn't sit on the fence. How do you really feel?

    By Blogger Bill, at 5:45 PM  

  • Say what you want, Mariah is freaking hot.

    By Blogger flounder, at 6:31 PM  

  • Yes, she's hot. But she's also daft. I guess that's the trade-off.

    By Blogger Bill, at 7:23 PM  

  • i hate mariah carey so freakin bad!

    how does she start out as a gospel singer then turn into that? and how many times did she remake the song "butterfly"

    i watched the grammys and thought to myself the whole time"they dont even look happy" and "who the crap is that" and "why did jenna elfmann give out a grammy? her show has only been on fro two weeks, its not like shes on grey anatomy or desp housewives.."

    rambling to someone i dont know...la la la la la

    By Blogger GingerSnaps, at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home