Information about me no one needs
I got these questions from Spinning Girl and they seemed like good questions so I answered them. Like her, I added a bonus answer to each of the questions. Let's see what I came up with:
Four jobs you have had in your life:
Radio copywriter/producer/voice
Bookstore manager
Freelance writer
Corporate stooge (as in manager – whatever the hell that means)
+ Surgeon (most amusing since blood makes me faint)
Four movies you could watch over and over (and have):
The Party (Peter Sellers)
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
My Man Godfrey
Once Upon a Time in the West
+ Sin City (Yes, I’m the only person who thought it was ca-ca)
Four places you've lived:
Burlington, Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
Ottawa, Ontario
Edmonton, Alberta
+ in a Pacific Rim brothel
Four TV shows you love to watch:
Firefly
Columbo
Letterman
+ Entertainment Tonight
Four places you've been on vacation:
Maritimes (Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick)
Rimbey, also Caroline, Alberta (vicinity of both - the middle of nothing)
Kaslo, British Columbia
Tobermory, Ontario (I seem to be restricted to Canada)
+ Disneyland
Four websites you visit daily:
Good grief. Better to ask for four I DON’T visit.
Four of your favorite foods:
Raspberries
Raspberry-peach cheesecake
Stuffing – with turkey, mashed potatoes and white wine
Salmon (preferably with little fancy-ass dressing up – just the salmon)
Oysters – especially the ones I use to get at the Mikado in Edmonton
+ cauliflower
Four places you'd rather be right now:
On a beach, late afternoon, waves shushing on the shore
On a beach, late afternoon, waves shushing on the shore
On a beach, late afternoon, waves shushing on the shore
On a beach, late afternoon, waves shushing on the shore
+ in a crowded noisy bar, fucking bass pounding like a hammer
Update: I just had to add this ... I found a little something my personality type (INFP, if you're familiar with the Meyers-Briggs things). One of the things it says is:
"When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet."
I howled! You've no idea how dead on that is!
Four jobs you have had in your life:
Radio copywriter/producer/voice
Bookstore manager
Freelance writer
Corporate stooge (as in manager – whatever the hell that means)
+ Surgeon (most amusing since blood makes me faint)
Four movies you could watch over and over (and have):
The Party (Peter Sellers)
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
My Man Godfrey
Once Upon a Time in the West
+ Sin City (Yes, I’m the only person who thought it was ca-ca)
Four places you've lived:
Burlington, Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
Ottawa, Ontario
Edmonton, Alberta
+ in a Pacific Rim brothel
Four TV shows you love to watch:
Firefly
Columbo
Letterman
+ Entertainment Tonight
Four places you've been on vacation:
Maritimes (Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick)
Rimbey, also Caroline, Alberta (vicinity of both - the middle of nothing)
Kaslo, British Columbia
Tobermory, Ontario (I seem to be restricted to Canada)
+ Disneyland
Four websites you visit daily:
Good grief. Better to ask for four I DON’T visit.
Four of your favorite foods:
Raspberries
Raspberry-peach cheesecake
Stuffing – with turkey, mashed potatoes and white wine
Salmon (preferably with little fancy-ass dressing up – just the salmon)
Oysters – especially the ones I use to get at the Mikado in Edmonton
+ cauliflower
Four places you'd rather be right now:
On a beach, late afternoon, waves shushing on the shore
On a beach, late afternoon, waves shushing on the shore
On a beach, late afternoon, waves shushing on the shore
On a beach, late afternoon, waves shushing on the shore
+ in a crowded noisy bar, fucking bass pounding like a hammer
Update: I just had to add this ... I found a little something my personality type (INFP, if you're familiar with the Meyers-Briggs things). One of the things it says is:
"When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet."
I howled! You've no idea how dead on that is!




5 Comments:
I'm going to Letterman on Tuesday in NYC. I promised a big shout out to Egan if I get any face time.
I noticed that you didn't list salt, butter and sugar as any of your favorite foods. Hmmmm....
By
flounder, at 7:53 AM
It's hilarious actually ... A few years ago I had some friends over and made coffee. So I've cream but one of them asks for sugar.
"Sugar? Uh ... I don't have any sugar."
So the next day I went out and bought a small bag of sugar for such possibilities. It's still sitting in a cupboard. I'm not sure if I ever even opened it.
By
Bill, at 2:12 PM
but, but, but you only listed three tv shows. cheater. ;0
i think you might need a vacation outside of canada bill.
:) sizz
By
Sizzle, at 4:43 PM
Great post!
I love Planes, Trains & Automobiles. Laugh riot.
And oysters.
And stuffing.
And oyster stuffing!
THanks for the mention.
SG (ENTJ)
By
Spinning Girl, at 7:14 PM
I am doing this one too....very soon!
By
Scarlet Hip, at 10:06 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home