Crazy Ass Planet

Saturday, January 14, 2006

The comfort of blogs

As I post and comment on the Internet it occurs to me that one of the great comforts of blogs is that no one I know in the flesh and blood world actually reads them. Even my cat is indifferent to them, though I've posted the odd rambling about her.

Why is this a comfort?

Because five minutes after I post or comment, I think, "My God! What did I put up there? I sound like an idiot!!!"

The comfort lies in the fact that they'll never see it.

Of course, it's true. I do sound like an idiot. Sometimes I sound like a pontificating idiot. Sometimes I sound a love bereft idiot. Sometimes I sound like an idiot with the political sense of a shoe.

However I do it, I read like a moron ... On the other hand, to those friends who do not go online and read my posts and comments I say, "Well, that's too bad for you. 'Cause idiot or not, that's kinda who I am."

It's the cross I bear. Still, I enjoy the life of being a fool. It has its rewards.

Tag: ,

3 Comments:

  • You are not in the blogging idiot category. That is reserved for people who don't know the difference between "your" and "you're" and repeatedly misspell "their" as "thier." Also included are people who say "supposably" and "irregardless."

    By Blogger Lushy, at 11:40 AM  

  • and don't forget the appaulingly large group of folks who like a lot is one word. it's maddening!

    you are not an idiot. far from it.

    By Blogger Sizzle, at 2:20 PM  

  • hearty agreement.

    wish i had never told my fam or friends. too late now.

    By Blogger Spinning Girl, at 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home