The meme thing - my two cents
I've been coming across this meme all over the place. I think Spinning Girl was first. Then Brooke had it. Then Sizzle. Not being one to pass up an opportunity to shame myself, I just had to jump in:
[A is for age:]
49. Yes, I’m on the bubble.
[B is for booze of choice]
Where to begin? Gin and tonic (much lime). Red wine. Functional beer. And cosmopolitans, made by me (heavy on the lime).
[C is for career]
Writer. Editor. Stooge.
[D is for your dog's name:]
No dog – cat. Gonzo. Actually, Gone (long story) but that’s such a dumb name I call her Gonzo.
Now, if and when I get a dog (and it may be on the horizon) her name will be Molly Bloom.
[E is for essential items you use everyday:]
In no particular order … coffee, tea, toilet paper, computer, iPod, pants.
[F is for favorite song(s) at the moment:]
Too many to name … but Kate Bush, “Nocturne” would be in there. “Ventura” by Lucinda Williams. “Hope” by Shaggy. “Purple Heather” by Van Morrison.
[G is for favorite games:]
Poker. Hearts. Other card games. And trivia games but only because I usually do pretty well with them. Not a big game fan.
[H is for hometown:]
Edmonton, Alberta. Previously, Ottawa, Ontario. (Yes, both are in Canada.)
[I is for instruments you play:]
None. I just listen. Though years ago I did study classical guitar.
[J is for jam or jelly you like:]
Black Currant! Although homemade strawberry jam and croissants, with Earl Grey tea is spiffy!
[K is for kids?]
None. Well, four if you include sponsored ones in countries that have names that are hard to pronounce.
[L is for last kiss?:]
Somewhere around Christmas I suppose, not so much erotic as it was friendly. Does that count?
[M is for most admired trait:]
Humour? That’s a guess. How the hell are you supposed to answer something like this? “I’m a really warm person with a heart of gold and lasso-like penis – and I have no ego!” Really, you don’t ask someone what their best trait is. Better to ask what their worst is. Now THAT would be interesting!
[N is for name of your crush:]
Maria Mariano. UPDATE!: I thought it said first crush. Well, Maria is long gone from my life. I was probably 7 years old at the time. Current? Good grief … I dunno. But that Felicity Huffman is kinda fetching.
[O is for overnight hospital stays:]
None overnight, but I have spent some time during daylight hours.
[P is for phobias:]
Where to begin? Liking someone more than they like me or, conversely, having someone like me more than I like them.
[Q is for quotes you like:]
"Passion alone is a remedy against boredom." - Donald Sutherland
"There are no ghosts, only people who are not real." - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
[R is for biggest regret:]
I’ll have to get back to you on this one.
[S is for sweets of your choice:]
Not a big fan of sweets. Let’s talk cashews.
[T is for time you wake up:]
All over the map these days. When I’m back on track … maybe 7:00 a.m.?
[U is for underwear:]
Yes, what about it? I learned years ago that underwear is a must when I did up my fly rather more quickly than I should have. I damn near ripped my penis right off! And I howled!!!!!!
[V is for vegetables you love:]
I prefer fruit, but if you insist … I like standards like corn, peas, lettuce, tomatoes.
[W is for worst habit:]
Procrastination, indecision, playing with my hair – that’s three!
[X is for x-rays you've had:]
Mouth (dental), chest.
[Y is for yummy food you make:]
As mentioned, my cosmopolitan kicks – is a cocktail a food? Long ago I made an absolutely fabulous apricot lamb pilaf. Unfortunately, I learned afterwards I hate apricot lamb pilaf. But I’m great at making it!
[Z is for zodiac sign:]
The goat (hence goatboy) – Capricorn. But I am approaching Aquarius, just about on the cusp, which probably explains why I’m screwed up.
Tag: How to become an idiot
[A is for age:]
49. Yes, I’m on the bubble.
[B is for booze of choice]
Where to begin? Gin and tonic (much lime). Red wine. Functional beer. And cosmopolitans, made by me (heavy on the lime).
[C is for career]
Writer. Editor. Stooge.
[D is for your dog's name:]No dog – cat. Gonzo. Actually, Gone (long story) but that’s such a dumb name I call her Gonzo.
Now, if and when I get a dog (and it may be on the horizon) her name will be Molly Bloom.
[E is for essential items you use everyday:]
In no particular order … coffee, tea, toilet paper, computer, iPod, pants.
[F is for favorite song(s) at the moment:]
Too many to name … but Kate Bush, “Nocturne” would be in there. “Ventura” by Lucinda Williams. “Hope” by Shaggy. “Purple Heather” by Van Morrison.
[G is for favorite games:]
Poker. Hearts. Other card games. And trivia games but only because I usually do pretty well with them. Not a big game fan.
[H is for hometown:]
Edmonton, Alberta. Previously, Ottawa, Ontario. (Yes, both are in Canada.)
[I is for instruments you play:]
None. I just listen. Though years ago I did study classical guitar.
[J is for jam or jelly you like:]
Black Currant! Although homemade strawberry jam and croissants, with Earl Grey tea is spiffy!
[K is for kids?]
None. Well, four if you include sponsored ones in countries that have names that are hard to pronounce.
[L is for last kiss?:]
Somewhere around Christmas I suppose, not so much erotic as it was friendly. Does that count?
[M is for most admired trait:]
Humour? That’s a guess. How the hell are you supposed to answer something like this? “I’m a really warm person with a heart of gold and lasso-like penis – and I have no ego!” Really, you don’t ask someone what their best trait is. Better to ask what their worst is. Now THAT would be interesting!
[N is for name of your crush:]
Maria Mariano. UPDATE!: I thought it said first crush. Well, Maria is long gone from my life. I was probably 7 years old at the time. Current? Good grief … I dunno. But that Felicity Huffman is kinda fetching.
[O is for overnight hospital stays:]
None overnight, but I have spent some time during daylight hours.
[P is for phobias:]
Where to begin? Liking someone more than they like me or, conversely, having someone like me more than I like them.
[Q is for quotes you like:]
"Passion alone is a remedy against boredom." - Donald Sutherland
"There are no ghosts, only people who are not real." - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
[R is for biggest regret:]
I’ll have to get back to you on this one.
[S is for sweets of your choice:]
Not a big fan of sweets. Let’s talk cashews.
[T is for time you wake up:]
All over the map these days. When I’m back on track … maybe 7:00 a.m.?
[U is for underwear:]
Yes, what about it? I learned years ago that underwear is a must when I did up my fly rather more quickly than I should have. I damn near ripped my penis right off! And I howled!!!!!!
[V is for vegetables you love:]
I prefer fruit, but if you insist … I like standards like corn, peas, lettuce, tomatoes.
[W is for worst habit:]
Procrastination, indecision, playing with my hair – that’s three!
[X is for x-rays you've had:]
Mouth (dental), chest.
[Y is for yummy food you make:]
As mentioned, my cosmopolitan kicks – is a cocktail a food? Long ago I made an absolutely fabulous apricot lamb pilaf. Unfortunately, I learned afterwards I hate apricot lamb pilaf. But I’m great at making it!
[Z is for zodiac sign:]
The goat (hence goatboy) – Capricorn. But I am approaching Aquarius, just about on the cusp, which probably explains why I’m screwed up.
Tag: How to become an idiot




3 Comments:
Bill, can we expect a full post on the Regret issue? If you did this meme, does this mean I have to? You're such a good sport. Bonne nuit!
By
egan, at 4:19 AM
Actually, it might make an interesting post - to write. To read, I'm not so sure. It would probably just be a lengthy whine and moan. But you never know.
By
Bill, at 1:47 PM
Oh, you are such fun.
First of all--YES to cashews.
and YES to black currant jam; my aunt and granny make the best. My dad makes a black currant wine that is to die for, but unfortunately, I can no longer partake of it. So sad!
And of course, you know now that you must tell the story of "Gone" and name the countries where your kids live.
Thanks,
SG -- out.
By
Spinning Girl, at 7:40 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home