The 7x7 meme
I done got tagged by Little Man in a Toque. He's a guy from England who has found himself here in Alberta and is trying to make sense of it all. I particularly like this meme because it involves three things I love - Canada, books and movies. So, as this seems to be meme month, here I go:
Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
Take an eating tour of Italy - north to south (or the other way around)
Quit my job
Spend an entire summer on water front property
Laugh till my ribs hurt (haven't laughed that hard in a while)
Skate again on Ottawa's Rideau Canal (hopefully not fall on my ass)
Get drunk in New Orleans
Stay healthy
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
Organize people
Care about corporations
Back flips
Stay off my computer
Stop writing
Play the violin
Feel comfortable in large crowds
Seven Things I Say:
Sort of like
Anyway
Whatever
Kinda
Fuckin' _________ (could be any other word)
Horseshit
I dunno
Seven Books That I Love:
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Memoirs from Antproof Case - Mark Helprin
Slapstick - Kurt Vonnegut
The Book of the New Sun - Gene Wolfe*
The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
Dhalgren - Samuel R. Delany
The Sotweed Factor - John Barth
* This is actually made up of four books.
Seven Movies That I've Loved (at different times):
My Man Godfrey
Once Upon a Time in the West
Million Dollar Baby
Serenity
Rebecca
Sullivan's Travels
All 3 Indiana Jones movies
Seven Things That Attract Me to...Canada:
The water
The sky
The trees
The people (even the assholes)
The beer
hockey
The cross-bred language - a bit English, a bit American (sofa? couch? chesterfield?)
Seven people to Tag:
I'll have to get back to you on this one. I don't want anyone beating me up.
Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
Take an eating tour of Italy - north to south (or the other way around)
Quit my job
Spend an entire summer on water front property
Laugh till my ribs hurt (haven't laughed that hard in a while)
Skate again on Ottawa's Rideau Canal (hopefully not fall on my ass)
Get drunk in New Orleans
Stay healthy
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
Organize people
Care about corporations
Back flips
Stay off my computer
Stop writing
Play the violin
Feel comfortable in large crowds
Seven Things I Say:
Sort of like
Anyway
Whatever
Kinda
Fuckin' _________ (could be any other word)
Horseshit
I dunno
Seven Books That I Love:
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Memoirs from Antproof Case - Mark Helprin
Slapstick - Kurt Vonnegut
The Book of the New Sun - Gene Wolfe*
The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
Dhalgren - Samuel R. Delany
The Sotweed Factor - John Barth
* This is actually made up of four books.
Seven Movies That I've Loved (at different times):
My Man Godfrey
Once Upon a Time in the West
Million Dollar Baby
Serenity
Rebecca
Sullivan's Travels
All 3 Indiana Jones movies
Seven Things That Attract Me to...Canada:
The water
The sky
The trees
The people (even the assholes)
The beer
hockey
The cross-bred language - a bit English, a bit American (sofa? couch? chesterfield?)
Seven people to Tag:
I'll have to get back to you on this one. I don't want anyone beating me up.




6 Comments:
Another good one!
I love these things.
By
Spinning Girl, at 5:30 PM
Yes, I like them to. Though I can understand why some people get tired of them. And some are definitely better than others.
By
Bill, at 6:04 PM
I'll get drunk with you in New Orleans. It is without a doubt, the best place in the U.S. to be drunk. Not the best place to be hungover, but best place to be drunk.
By
Lushy, at 11:33 PM
I think Montreal may get the vote for best place in Canada to get drunk in. Hangovers suck no matter where you are.
By
Bill, at 3:16 AM
Here's another thing you should do today... VOTE. Have a good one Bill.
By
egan, at 2:40 PM
i can soooo see you saying "horseshit". it makes me laugh just thinking about it.
:) sizz
By
Sizzle, at 5:28 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home