Crazy Ass Planet

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ready for an Oilers win

In about two hours we begin Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals, the one where the world sits back in amazement as the Edmonton Oilers, having dug themselves a hole, begin clawing their way back out. It will begin this evening with a bum slapping administered to the Carolina Hurricanes.

It should be quite the show. As you can see, I’ve donned my newly acquired Oilers cap in order to view the proceedings properly.

I realize many of you out there who visit this blog just don’t care. Hockey is to you as the manufacturing of shoelaces is to me. But you must bear with me. This is the Stanley Cup.

Now some may wonder why I am one of the three people left in Edmonton without an Oilers jersey. There is a reason for this. Yes, I could have picked one up with ease. But I chose not to. Why? Because, as Victor Navorski says in the film The Terminal, “I wait.”

Wait? Wait for what?

It should be obvious.

I wait to pick up the jersey that reads, “Edmonton Oilers – Stanley Cup Champions 2005 – 2006.”

I don’t think they’ll be on sale for at least a week.

In the meantime, I have my cap and my beer (Blue for Oilers).

And I wait.

And as they say on the Covered In Oil blog – GOILERS!!!

4 Comments:

  • We're back! 2 to 1 Oilers!

    By Blogger Bill, at 11:00 PM  

  • I am very happy for you and your beer can.

    By Blogger Scarlet Hip, at 5:16 PM  

  • My beer can and I thank you. Oh ... and I was so excited yesterday I had called it Game 2, when it was Game 3. Doh! On well ... I fixed that. However, for about a day I appeared on line as a moron.

    By Blogger Bill, at 5:22 PM  

  • We all appear as morons online...it's what brings us together.

    Go Oilers!

    Give me a Labatt, please.

    By Blogger Mackenzie, at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home