Crazy Ass Planet

Thursday, June 01, 2006

There is something about this week …


Some weeks just aren’t supposed to go well. This is one of them.

I know this because whatever posts I manage are 1) very late at night when I know I should go to bed but I’m too buggered up to sleep so I fiddle and fart at my keyboard and, 2) the posts are never about the things I intend to post about – they’re just whiney tappings that, I hope, at least have a therapeutic benefit.

Today, for example, right from the starting pistol, began as a total shit festival. I woke from a dream where my cat, the beloved but annoying Gonzo, was old and decrepit and crossing a road against furious traffic, which she was no match for, and she lost. I dreamed she was hit by a car.

Odd, since she’s a house cat and never goes outside … but it was a dream, where all bets are off.

So I woke depressed and feeling like shit.

Then the glory of the day began and like a turd in a toilet bowl it went under. Is it me or is work generally just one big goddamn pain in the fucking ass?

Yes, I’m bitchy and cranky and now I will go to bed … but not before reading a bit of The Weather Makers, a book about how we’re going to hell in a handbasket because in this world, no one believes we’re killing ourselves until we’re dead.

(Heavens … I am in a black mood tonight! Thus the image of Gonzo baring her teeth. You would too if people were dreaming of you being hit by cars! Upside – tomorrow will be better. I shall make it so.)

5 Comments:

  • And to make matters worse the damn litter box needs cleaning. It's stinkin' out the joint!

    By Blogger Bill, at 2:51 AM  

  • I didn't think she was bearing her teeth, I thought she was eyeing a piece of bacon on the kitchen counter.

    By Blogger Lushy, at 4:26 AM  

  • when i saw that pic i thought of pet cemetary- before i read the post!

    hope tomorrow is better.

    By Blogger Sizzle, at 11:07 PM  

  • Yes, today was better - though not an award winner by any means. You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen pet cemetary but I can imagine how it might fit.

    And lushy, that wouldn't be a bacon grab. She is very particular about her food. Believe it or not, she eats nothing, and I mean NOTHING, except Purina dry cat food.

    Amazing. I've never known a cat like this. (I had one that was crazy for lettuce. But not this one!)

    By Blogger Bill, at 2:19 AM  

  • Isn't it amazing how a dream can color your whole day?

    Also amazing: you can decide to turn it around, as in your last sentence.

    By Blogger Spinning Girl, at 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home