How to become an idiot - reasons for concern
So in the spirit of “monkey-see, monkey-do” I come across What Were They Thinking on the blog Girlspoke. And I think, "Yeah! Cool! I’ll see what search terms people are using to find me!"
Well, as it turned out, the searches are pretty boring. I've got The Burble blog, which is mostly about movies, and Writelife, mostly about writing. And this, Crazy Ass Planet, my poorly named blog for other things that pass through my head and I feel are worth jotting something down about.
Well, to get to the point ... the searches that land people on my blogs are NOT sexy. Not even close. But, very worrying to me, this search came up:
- How to become an idiot
Who the hell searches for that? I mean, doesn't the mere fact you are searching on the Internet for "How to become an idiot" sort of mean ... you are an idiot? You don't need instruction - you're there !
Secondly, what is it about my blogs that lead people to think they'll learn how to become a moron by visiting? It's not like I've got a primer online for becoming an idiot. Or do I? Are my thoughts the equivalent of an instruction manual on becoming an idiot?
I dunno. But I'm telling you, I'm worried. I'm concerned. This thing has me reaching for the Glenfiddich.
Tag: Idiot, Glenfiddich, Search terms, How to become an idiot
Well, as it turned out, the searches are pretty boring. I've got The Burble blog, which is mostly about movies, and Writelife, mostly about writing. And this, Crazy Ass Planet, my poorly named blog for other things that pass through my head and I feel are worth jotting something down about.
Well, to get to the point ... the searches that land people on my blogs are NOT sexy. Not even close. But, very worrying to me, this search came up:
- How to become an idiot
Who the hell searches for that? I mean, doesn't the mere fact you are searching on the Internet for "How to become an idiot" sort of mean ... you are an idiot? You don't need instruction - you're there !
Secondly, what is it about my blogs that lead people to think they'll learn how to become a moron by visiting? It's not like I've got a primer online for becoming an idiot. Or do I? Are my thoughts the equivalent of an instruction manual on becoming an idiot?
I dunno. But I'm telling you, I'm worried. I'm concerned. This thing has me reaching for the Glenfiddich.
Tag: Idiot, Glenfiddich, Search terms, How to become an idiot




1 Comments:
driven to drink by blogging. i can see the headline now. ;)
"How to become an idiot" sort of mean ... you are an idiot? You don't need instruction - you're there !
-that's my favorite part! hee hee.
By
Sizzle, at 11:45 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home