Crazy Ass Planet

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Trapped in my condo, feeling like Howard Hughes

For reasons I could recount but would be tedious if I did, so I won't, I'm living like Howard Hughes these days, trapped in my condo, working from home for hours on end. (This means more hours than normal due to a work situation.)

The point is ... I'm experiencing what is commonly known as cabin fever. And the result of that is I've taken to posting comments on blogs all over the place. Those blogs are so much more interesting than what I do for work and, given that I'm effectively incarcerated in my condo, they are more interesting than the cat, who sleeps without break through the days and nights.

I'm not sure how much longer this will go on for. But I hope it ends soon. What do I want most right now? Despite the problems of withdrawal, I want at least two weeks anywhere that isn't here. And without a computer.

Seems an odd desire for someone who has been online since 1912. But that's how it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home