One year ago today - a blog begins
It was one year ago today. It was a Saturday evening, about 7:00 (Mountain Daylight Time). It was called Something new (about something old). And it was the first post on Crazy Ass Planet. Yes, it's this blog's 1-year Blogiversary.
Yes, I've several blogs and this is not the oldest (The Burble is). And yes, this one was a spur of the moment creation. That led to my one regret, it's title. In retrospect, another might have been better. I think some of the more popular search terms helps explain why:
- ass planet
- crazy ass
⁃ ass
⁃ crazy ass shit
⁃ swedish ass
⁃ crazyassplanet
⁃ sleeping ass
⁃ very big wet ass
On the other hand, the name, and some of the posts, have made for some very entertaining (and puzzling) search terms:
⁃ go shit in your hat
⁃ i am afraid to give a stool sample
⁃ what am i supposed to do in life?
⁃ but sir, that's crazy
⁃ ethel merman
⁃ wonk speak
⁃ why does cat pee stink
⁃ where to put a stool sample?
⁃ 'shit in your hat and pull it over your ears'
⁃ shit from the ass of the women
⁃ salami boy
⁃ safeway boobs
Without intending to, the this blog has somehow articulated a deep human wonder and anxiety concerning feces and bottoms. (I'm completely puzzled by the Ethel Merman search though.)
My favourite is 'shit from the ass of the women.' It sounds like an old Greek play. Was that something written by Aristophanes? And what's with 'shit in your hat and pull it over your ears?' Is everyone on the Internet on drugs?
Whatever ... I kind of liked that first post for the quotation in it. It still seems a wonderfully appropriate one for ... well, the world.




11 Comments:
Happy Blog Birthday shug and may you (and we) enjoy many many more!!!
I too am quite mystified by the Ethel Merman search.
By
Diamond, at 1:47 PM
And a glass raised to you!
By
Darcey, at 9:37 PM
yay! happy blogiversary bill!
By
Sizzle, at 12:33 AM
Thanks and thanks and thanks. One of these days I plan to go over what I;ve written over the last year and get a sense for what it is I've actually been writing. ALl I really know is it's fun and the people are fascinating.
By
Bill, at 2:00 AM
happy blog b-day
By
Anonymous, at 8:01 PM
Happy Blogiversary, even if I am a few days late.
By
flounder, at 8:49 AM
A very happy blogaversary to you, Bill.
By
Mackenzie, at 10:51 AM
I'm late. Is there any cake left?
And by the way, why does cat pee stink?
By
Scarlet Hip, at 12:17 PM
I, too, am late, but I still want to thank you for writing. Your posts are not only entertaining, but they are also often thought provoking. I need people to make me think, so I thank you for that.
Cheers to you, my friend!
By
Lushy, at 7:00 PM
I wouldn't worry about being late. I only remembered because a few months ago, after seeing someone else's blogiversary, I checked to see when I started this thing then put it in my computer. If the computer hadn't reminded me, I wouldn't have known for at least three years.
By
Bill, at 3:13 AM
Ha ha!
Shit from the ass of the women.
That slays me.
Laughter from the mouth of the women.
By
Spinning Girl, at 9:54 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home