Huh? A post about what? Hockey? Wha's that?
Most of you can ignore this post. Normally, I would ignore it too - I certainly wouldn't be making posts like this. But, it needs saying ...
Although essentially a pansy, an artsy kind of geek who prefers books and films, my inner barbarian insists on having his voice every so often.
In the midst of my books and movies, there is also hockey. I know, I know ... if you're not on this side of the U.S./Canada border, or at least in Detroit or maybe Boston, you're probably saying ...hockey? You mean that stick game where the guys have no teeth?
Yup. That one.
What needs saying is this: although a fan of the Oil (that would be the Edmonton Oilers), and a suffering one since the people I work with are mostly fans of the Canucks (in the interest of kindness, I'll leave it at that), I'm picking the Ottawa Senators to win the Stanley Cup.
You have no idea how alarming this is to me. I just found out that Don Cherry has also picked them.
Does this mean I have to start wearing plaid sports jackets?
If you've read this far - don't worry! It's just that real hockey returns tonight. These outbursts are rare and not likely to clutter up this blog. But every so often don't be surprised to see one. We all have our quirks, you know.
Tag: Hockey, NHL, Edmonton Oilers, Ottawa Senators, Don Cherry
Although essentially a pansy, an artsy kind of geek who prefers books and films, my inner barbarian insists on having his voice every so often.
In the midst of my books and movies, there is also hockey. I know, I know ... if you're not on this side of the U.S./Canada border, or at least in Detroit or maybe Boston, you're probably saying ...hockey? You mean that stick game where the guys have no teeth?
Yup. That one.
What needs saying is this: although a fan of the Oil (that would be the Edmonton Oilers), and a suffering one since the people I work with are mostly fans of the Canucks (in the interest of kindness, I'll leave it at that), I'm picking the Ottawa Senators to win the Stanley Cup.
You have no idea how alarming this is to me. I just found out that Don Cherry has also picked them.
Does this mean I have to start wearing plaid sports jackets?
If you've read this far - don't worry! It's just that real hockey returns tonight. These outbursts are rare and not likely to clutter up this blog. But every so often don't be surprised to see one. We all have our quirks, you know.
Tag: Hockey, NHL, Edmonton Oilers, Ottawa Senators, Don Cherry




1 Comments:
Bill,
I'm a Leafs fan, but not a vociferous one (don't worry, I won't bash your Oilers--this time), and I have to agree with you on Ottawa's chances this year. I've never seen Hasek play better, and the rest of the team is kicking some serious butt out there.
By
jeopardygirl, at 7:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home