Crazy Ass Planet

Sunday, October 29, 2006

A little fancy footwork

These are strange times indeed. With less than a week left here in Edmonton, I tried something new. A first. I seem to be agreeing to a number of things these days with a, "Well, why the hell not? Sure!"

So yesterday I had a pedicure.

Well, my friend Liz was getting one and said, "Do you want one?" And, as mentioned, I said, "Sure. Why not?" Out of curiousity more than anything - and the fact that I really hate cutting my toenails (and they really needed it).

I had a basic pedicure. Liz had a French pedicure (at least I think that's what it was called). I turned that down. I thought it might involve toe-sucking and I wasn't prepared for that.

It was actually a very high risk activity, this pedicure business. Not for me, but for the person doing the pedicure. My feet are ticklish - big time. There were a few times I damn near put my foot through the poor woman's head.

Blah blah blah ... Later, I had dinner at some friends: Marnie and Sean. As always, it was great food - Sean's the cooking guy and he always has fabulous food for us. I probably should have had a camera with me but I forgot.

I'm forgetting lots of things these days. Life's hectic and I don't manage that sort of thing well.

As for the weather ... yes, as the clocks turned back the snow tuned up. Not sure how long this snow will hang around but, for the moment, it is definitely a winter look outside.

Ah, my.

5 Comments:

  • oooh snow!

    i love pedicures but i am also incredibly ticklish. poor pedicurist. :)

    By Blogger Sizzle, at 1:18 PM  

  • Well, she lived. It was a bit strange ... I was the only guy in the place. But fun!

    (Blogger is weird today.)

    By Blogger Bill, at 1:56 PM  

  • OK, I am all caught up on your blog now.

    Wow, it's all happening!!!!

    By Blogger Spinning Girl, at 7:39 AM  

  • Snow before Halloween is just plain wrong.

    By Blogger flounder, at 9:03 AM  

  • I miss snow.

    I love pedicures.

    That's all for now.

    By Blogger Scarlet Hip, at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home