Gone is gone
Although I called her Gonzo, a much better name, her actual name was Gone. The why for that is a long and not particularly interesting story.
It doesn't much matter now though. Gone is gone.
Today was a shitty, shitty day. I haven't experienced such a shitty day in a very long time. It began with a visit to a friend in palliative care at the U of A hospital. Didn't see that one coming.
It was followed by a trip to the vet with Gonzo. I came home alone.
Yes, it was a shitty day. A shitty, shitty, shitty day.
And Gone is gone.
It doesn't much matter now though. Gone is gone.
Today was a shitty, shitty day. I haven't experienced such a shitty day in a very long time. It began with a visit to a friend in palliative care at the U of A hospital. Didn't see that one coming.
It was followed by a trip to the vet with Gonzo. I came home alone.
Yes, it was a shitty day. A shitty, shitty, shitty day.
And Gone is gone.





12 Comments:
I am very sorry about your beautiful kitty, and your friend.
By
meno, at 2:38 PM
Thanks. I'll probably write a less gloomy post about her soon. She was with me for 20 years!
By
Bill, at 3:11 PM
Poor Gonzo, and poor you! Hope things brighten up soon.
By
Anonymous, at 3:17 PM
I'm sure they will. In the meantime, I feel like Jack Nicholson in 'As Good As It Gets'. ("For a dog ...")
By
Bill, at 3:26 PM
Oh honey.
By
Spinning Girl, at 10:44 PM
Thanks. Things are improving.
By
Bill, at 2:56 AM
Oh no!!!
By
Scarlet Hip, at 11:20 PM
Ah, yes ...
By
Bill, at 1:53 AM
Bill, I am so very sorry.
By
Lushy, at 8:44 AM
Many thanks to all. It seems weird feeling this way about a cat but we were together twenty years so ... well, whatever. As mentioned, I feel like Nicholson in that movie.
By
Bill, at 2:17 AM
I would worry about you if you weren't sad about Gonzo. You gave her a very good life and the fact that she lived so long is evidence of how well you treated her. I'm glad you had that time with her.
By
Lushy, at 12:03 PM
Bill, I know how hard it is to lose a kitty, especially one so colourful (in personality) as your Gonzo seemed from your posts. I hope your memories are warm and happy ones.
By
jeopardygirl, at 1:37 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home