Crazy Ass Planet

Saturday, March 04, 2006

And now I'm fascinated by ties


Suddenly taken by an enthusiasm for ties, I foraged through the dresser drawer where mine have been hidden for some time and tried one on.

I didn't like the knot much (fabric didn't lend itself to a good one). It was too lengthy and the dimple didn't quite work.

I did like the pattern, however, and the basic black that was its primary colour.

I had forgotten how difficult a man's tie can be. You don't understand the importance of cloth until you start working with ties. There is silk and there is silk. Some silk ties are like working with cardboard.

And then there is length. Ties should be available in three sizes but often you end up with "one size fits all," which means it will look fine on some guys, on others way too short when tied, and on others (like myself) too long - rather like an oddball thong that for mysterious reasons wraps around the neck and dangles all the way down to cover the crotch. (Not realy what you want in a tie.)

It's been about 10 years since I wore ties on a regular basis. I had forgotten what a prissy ass I was when it comes to them. It amazes me. I really am picky picky picky about ties! Why is that?

By the way, Burl Veneer's Tie Blog is quite good (if you like ties).

Tags: ,

6 Comments:

  • Ohmygod. That site is like tie porn for me.

    By Blogger Lushy, at 10:53 AM  

  • P.S.: I dig that tie. I also dig the lighting in your kitchen. Very nice.

    By Blogger Lushy, at 10:54 AM  

  • Yes, very nice site ... though I'm not sure I find it erotic so much as nicely informative.

    My place is very nice - I'm not just good at keeping it looking that way. It's spectacular in the mornings with light from the east coming in. I've hardwood everywhere and the place just glows!

    By Blogger Bill, at 3:39 PM  

  • There are words that go along with the ties? I didn't notice.

    By Blogger Lushy, at 5:41 PM  

  • that is a hot tie bill. you are going to totally bring back ties in a good way and lushy and i will be your cheerleaders (of sorts).

    ;) sizz

    By Blogger Sizzle, at 10:08 PM  

  • There ya go.

    Hot stuff.

    By Blogger Spinning Girl, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home